The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo

March 17, 2018

One of my favorite times of the year is spring in Houston because that means it is RODEO time!  The Houston rodeo is the largest in the world.  Carnival, fair food, real food from hundreds of real restaurants, concert, livestock show, rodeo, art show and THOUSANDS of scholarships for high school students, special children's displays, a lot of educational displays... We LOVE it all.  I've gone most years since moving to the Houston area when I started 7th grade.  I grew up in Dallas going to the Texas State Fair (which has the same kind of feel) but I have to say the Rodeo is way better, but I think that's why I've always been so drawn to it.  I've grown to love all the rodeo events and get so excited to see the bull riders every year and the rodeo clowns.  Those guys are amazing! (I also love looking at all the cowboy names and where they are from.  So interesting!)

Jonathan's dad gets tickets every year.  His company buys them and they all get to pick and choose who gets what.  Their seats are phenomenal and really close to the gates they pull open for the riders.

We love getting dressed up to go!  Jonathan wears boots about 99% of the time but the kids and I don't.  We wear ours often but wearing our boots to the rodeo is so much more fun.  Georgia and I get so many compliments on ours.  They are Maci Bean.  Milam had two sweet appliqued outfits that he randomly outgrew.  They were super high water so he couldn't wear them to the rodeo unfortunately.  I dressed him like a little cowboy and he looked way too grown up and I was not happy about it.
We went through the "Farm Experience" and that is a lot of fun...you get to see where your food comes from and get two prizes at the end.
 This girl won two prizes.  One for herself and one for baby brother.  This was our first year to do the carnival and we had a lot of fun.  J was skeptical but enjoyed it too.
 Inside is another favorite of mine.  You get to see all the animals on display.  It is always super interesting.  This was probably Milam's favorite part.
 Sadly, the rodeo was his least favorite part.  He loved watching it but lost interest in between contestants and became super irritated.  He still looked super cute.
If this doesn't say, "I'm a stinker!" I don't know what does.  Ahhh...18 month olds are the life of the party aren't they?!
Right after this we went home.  We didn't want to go home but at the risk of ruining the time of everyone around us it was the best option.  We're hoping for better results at the actual rodeo part next year.  I was bummed to miss the bull riders this year.  Next year Milam, next year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS