Back in the Swing of Things (W in the L 24)

July 16, 2018

We got back from Jackson Hole, Jonathan slept in our bed one night, and then left again for an over night work trip.  We had very little food SO when I realized it was Cow Appreciation Day I dressed up the kids best I could in 10 minutes and we were out the door.  One of my biggest pet peeves is when kids are too big to play in the play place, their parents aren't watching, and then they start climbing all over everything and swinging around.  I'm a rule follower by birth but I also have a toddler in the play place so I have to pay attention.  I can't just send my kids in there and zone out.  Anyway, so this day all these boys ran in there and started ninja warrior all over the equipment.  Both my kids get kicked in the head fairly hard, I pull out my teacher voice, and then grabbed my kids and left.  We went to the park instead.  Moral of the story: your kids are your problem.  Keep your eye on them.  A few days before at a different play place a kid purposely spit on Jonathan's face.  Yuck!

But seriously...I adore these little faces.
I took their cow gear off for the park so we looked a little strange in our boots...oh well.  It's TX so then again people may not have noticed.

Milam started swim lessons this week.  I don't have any pictures because they aren't allowed in class but oh goodness.  He hates it even more than I thought he would.  He's a momma's boy by nature but dear, Lord.  On day two I took some of his cars and put them on the side of the pool for motivation and then hid on the porch so he couldn't see me.  He did about 50% better than the day before and was able to swim a few feet to the edge of the pool.  The teacher was so proud of him.

Milam, did you go to swim lessons? Yeshh!
Milam, did you have fun? Yeshh!
Do you want to go swim tomorrow? Noooo!

Oh, my poor sweet boy!  The first day he swallowed a lot of water and on the way home on the second day it all came out...and not out of his mouth.  It was bad y'all.  In my 7 years of parenting it was my worst diaper to date (that I can remember)

It is beyond humid. (81%) We wore our Jackson Hole shirts to pretend we lived in a world of pleasant summer weather.
Then, to continue on with me shamelessly getting free things we hit up Stripes on 7-11 free Slurpee day and the kids snagged two free Dr. Pepper Slurpees.  They were thrilled and it helped Milam stay calm in the car wash while the car "got a bath" ;)  And again, I may note that those are some cute little faces.  Look how excited Milam is!
On thursday we braved walmart for one item.  One.  Got it with the help of free milk shakes from arby's (coupon not promotion this time!) and these pouting faces.
The kids schedules this day were pretty crazy.  Luckily I have my mom to help me out.  Milam's swim lessons and Georgia's gymnastics overlapped.  Then after Milam had swim, he had his gymnastics class.  I cooked dinner earlier in the day to make up for the craziness.  BUT, Milam swam and he didn't cry.  He made HUGE strides on day three!

We're still on Jonathan's schedule of him not working on Fridays so this friday he went to the grocery store early and then we went to Black Walnut Cafe (at the Conroe Airport) for lunch because the kids have so much fun watching the planes take off.  I had a photo shoot later that day.

Saturday we hung around.  Milam read a lot of large equipment classifieds and I had a shoot later that day.  Georgia went to my mom's at some point and we took Milam and Penelope to the park.

We also ate a lot of ice cream
Sunday Jonathan ran a half marathon on sunday and I took the kids to church and lunch solo.
After all of this vacationing I need to get back on the work out train.  I ran two miles.  Our neighborhood is so hilly and it was so humid but I got it done!
Here's to another busy week!

2 comments:

Natalie@She Builds Her Home said...

The CFA play place drives me nuts. I am ALWAYS the only parent in there. There will even be 2 year olds in there alone. I don't get it.

Emily Powell said...

People just don’t care. One time a girl kicked M in the head on purpose and G went psycho on her. If M is in there than I’m in there too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS