Weekend Update

August 19, 2019

This was our first weekend of the school year!

Friday
Georgia got out of school.  We snacked at home for a quick second and then she got dressed and we were off to gymnastics.  I set up our first movie night (Fun Friday!) of this school year and just did a small simple back to school theme.  Just popcorn and cookies and some Hulu movies that revolved around school. Nothing too crazy.  Hopefully I'll remember to do September and October because I know we'll be taking a few months off once Barrett gets here.  My bedroom is like my sanctuary.  The only place I can really have peace and quiet.  Unfortunately my kids see it as their second living room so movie nights are not my favorite event but Georgia loves them.
Oh, and that morning I met up with one of my best friends for a post first week of school decompression time. We brought our little loves too.
Saturday
I shot a wedding from 10:30-4:30.  It was close to home and a really sweet couple but oh goodness my feet were feeling it the next day!  Jonathan did so much around the house while I was gone.  He went to his grandmother's and my mom's and collected a few things for Milam's new room and cooked and cleaned.  I was pretty much dead to the world when I got home.  I ate a lot of strawberries though.
Sunday
Milam and I skipped church.  I've been so bad about that lately.  Milam has a horrible rash and on Sunday morning we weren't quite sure what it was.  Around dinner time we remembered he had been getting into Jonathan's beard balm and we're thinking that may have been the cause. Also, standing or sitting for any period of time was so hard for me after the wedding.  I have got to find more comfortable shoes for working weddings. My lower body was hurting so brother and I just stayed home. These two cuties went off to promotion Sunday without us. Aren't they a sweet duo?!
Later that day we had a little grandparent dinner to celebrate the birthday buddies.  Jonathan's is August 21 and Milam's (as well as my grandfather's who passed away when I was 9) is August 22 so they always celebrate together and I think it's really cute. Sometimes I really enjoy doing a party and going all out but lately I really have been loving small scale. Especially in August because we have so much going on and also because Milam has zero friends besides his sister and our adult neighbor who he's obsessed with (who happens to be one of our close friends)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS