Spring Break - Monday

March 16, 2010

Monday kicked off our BIG spring break home renovations! Monday was shopping day (!!!) and laundry room day.

We were able to fit all of this in our Mazda 3. We went to Home Depot, Lowe's, and Ikea.


And here is the BIG before and after of the laundry room. When you walk into our laundry room this shelving area is behind the door. (In the after picture you can see the door to the right.) All shelving and shelving accessories are from Ikea minus the blue basket on the top...I already had that. I told Jonathan that I felt like I was in an Ikea catalog...I'm in love! And get this, the shelving units were only 29.99 per unit! You can't beat that! Jonathan put them together and then screwed them into the wall so there is no chance of them falling over!

Here are more pictures of the laundry room. The clothes pin sign says, "24 hour laundry service. Drop your pants here." I thought it was so funny! I just had to buy it (from Ross). The flowers are wall decals (from Target) and the keys are hanging from hooks with our initials on them from Anthropologie.
I can now check laundry room off of our to-do list. I am still trying to come up with ways to cover up the washer and dryer hook up hoses and that metal disk "thing" on the wall...I'll think of something!

8 comments:

Sandra said...

Great job on the makeover and brownie points for the husband who helps with makeovers! You could always add pictures and other cute wall hangings that are laundry related over the washer area and cover the round metal thing...not sure what to tell you to do with the taps...I have the same problem...maybe paint them white so they blend into the wall?

Unknown said...

That really looks great.
Brooke

Katie said...

Looks great- love all the storage you added. I sooo wish we had an Ikea nearby- our closest one is 8 hours away. I just redid my laundry room as well- makes such a difference.

René said...

You had me at Home Depot, Lowes, and Ikea. Nice updates!

Anna said...

it looks great, your laundry room is so organized now!

Sabrina said...

Great organizing! I'm still trying to figure out how to cover up my hot/cold water box after my recent laundry room redo too! Such a tricky area. Let's brainstorm!

Anonymous said...

very, very cute...thanks for some ideas...

Dee said...

your laundry looks great. and to do it for so little is even better. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS