Cooking Update

August 21, 2010

So many people commented on my previous post about how I don't cook.  Let me clarify.  I can cook some things but I don't enjoy cooking.  My big fear is anything that has to be cooked in a pan with oil.  Other than that I'm usually ok.

This week I've had to step up to the cooking plate because Jonathan has been working a ridiculous amount of hours (not my choice).  I have been SO overwhelmed.  Usually Jonathan cooks and I clean.  This week we both went back to work (we both teach), I feel like the house has become a huge mess, and I've had to cook and clean up the mess afterwards.  Not to mention when Jonathan comes home at 9:00 PM he's pretty hungry and very tired.  So, I feel like I've had so much pressure on me the past week.  (Ugh, and don't even get me started on writing lesson plans).

So, let me try to redeem my previous boast that I couldn't cook.  This week I have made feta and spinach stuffed chicken, meatloaf, and spaghetti.  All of which are things I cooked a lot in college so they are pretty safe for me.  Currently I can smell cinnamon banana bread with chocolate chips baking in the oven.  I bake a lot.  I rarely cook.  There is a difference.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

haha i am the opposite. i love to cook but baking terrifies me! I have a couple of signature things I can bake but most of the time when i try something else it either falls apart or tastes horrible : )

Kristen said...

I totally agree with you--baking and cooking are two completely different kettles of fish! I also love to bake, but was always intimidated by cooking--until this summer! I decided I didn't care if I started off sucking, as long as I ended up being decent--and, according to my hubby, I succeeded! That said, I avoid oil too--I don't like it!

I also feel your pain on the home front. My husband works year-round and when I'm in school we both do the house work--but there's always a week or two of transition from me being full-time summer house wife to us both working again.

Don't worry, it will all even back out in a couple of weeks, and the stress will only be normal school year stress. Hope your year starts wonderfully!

Beth and Marley said...

I completely understand where you are coming from! I just don't enjoy cooking...that's not to say that I can't, I just don't want to. I really have to have the urge to cook! Baking is totally different though! It's easier to me and doesn't seem like such a hassle!

Ashley Raven said...

That bread sounds divine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS