Blessing Box

September 5, 2010

Blessing Box Tuesday

{1}
From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another.  John 1:16  On Sunday our preacher used this verse.  It has been one of my favorites the past 2 years but really spoke to me today.  Sometimes I get so wrapped up in what I DON'T have that I tend to not think of all of the wonderful things I do have.  (I do write in a blessings journal every night though...)  When he was preaching today I even told myself to make a huge mental note of this sermon because in a few days, weeks, or months, when I'm feeling down about something I need to remember this.

I think I am going to take some "serious" time off from the blogging/facebook world.  I want at least a good solid month with less technology in my life to focus on other things.  I may check in from time to time if something super cool or life changing occurs but for the most part I feel I spend way too much time looking at a computer screen.

And, although I do LOVE reading about everyone's super fabulous lives I really want to take some time to focus on mine...maybe even come up with some serious goals I want to accomplish and get totally "behind" in my blogging.  Sometimes I tend to compare my life to others and then I stop and realize, hey, what do they have to do with me and my journey.  So, like I said, I need to focus on me and where God is leading me in my life.  I've been reading, "Holy Available" by Gary Thomas (I love it!) and it's lead me to start thinking in a different way.

With all of that being said...see you October 6th!  (Maybe sooner if I just HAVE to tell you all about something super cool)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I actually think this is a great idea, and admire you for it! I will readily admit I spend too much time in front of my computer, and I sometimes don't stop to think about it.
You've inspired me to maybe do the same... maybe not a whole month, but just take time away from technology to do other things!
=) Love your new background! "See ya" later

Natalie said...

that's a fabulous idea. i got rid of facebook for the summer and ended up deciding i wasn't going to get it back. who knows if i ever will! it's kind of liberating to not have to feel like you always have to check in and see what everyone else is up to and that you can just have time to focus on your life (and your blessings!) have a great month! You will be missed : )

Lyndsey said...

Thank you for the congratulations! I figured I sort of gave it away to those who knew we were trying, I've never been very good at keeping secrets! I hope to be giving the congrats back to you soon!!

Callie said...

Aw, we'll miss you while you're gone, but I totally understand! :-) Blogging does take up alot of time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS