{Update!}

September 27, 2010

{Monday}
Ugh, Mondays are so hard!
work, work, work.  My kids have been so busy.  Sorry if you get tired of hearing about what's going on at work.  My 3rd graders finished their hot air balloons.  We discussed mixing color and I gave them the primary colors.  They made all the other colors.


{Tuesday}
It was raining today and when it stopped I looked out my living room window and saw this.  Rainbows always amaze me!  It's nice to have a reminder of God's promises. 

I've been so sleepy lately...maybe it's the rain :)


I  have way too much free time at the moment.  Being married to a football coach means a lot of time alone in the fall.  I may be totally bitter about the whole thing...just maybe.  So, let's move on to something positive.
 
Blessings:
(1)  Goals accomplished
(2)  Supportive family
(3)  New stages in life

Work again:
My 4th graders did Georgia O'Keeffe-esqu flowers.  I gave them primary colored markers.  They made dash marks with the markers and painted over the marker with water to blend the colors.  Worked pretty well and they thought it was pretty cool...


My pre-k kids did a project on Kandinsky.  I think they turned out cute!  To see the real Kandinsky work click here


{YAY for Glee and Parenthood tonight!}

{Wednesday}We're halfway to the weekend!
Thank you Wednesday...it's all down hill from here.  Hopefully the rest of the week will go by quickly!
Today, all I did was go to work, come home and took a nap, ate dinner, and went to bed.  It's raining here again today.  Am I the only one who sees or hears rain and instantly thinks sleep!?

{Thursday}
I've decided to "approve" my comments before they will be posted.  I never thought I would have to do this but I received a questionable (anonymous) comment earlier this week and when I deleted it the person pretty much said I could keep deleting their comments and they rewrote the comment I had previously deleted.  Creepy.  So, I just really feel the need to value my privacy a bit more.  Hope you understand.

Anyways...

The one millionth reason I drive my husband crazy:  There are a bunch of loose ends around the house that need to be finished before we start our next big project.  One of them being we never did a final sanding, caulking, and painting of our Spring Break wainscoting project.  Yes it is painted and caulked but there are some spots that need to be sanded down and redone so they are smooth.  Here is the reason I drive my husband crazy.  Today, before I left for work I put sticky notes on all of the places that needed some attention.  He will for sure roll his eyes when he comes home and sees it...HA!  But, the one millionth reason why I love him:  he'll fix the spots and never complain once :)

Our next big project:  Board & Batten!  I'm very excited about this one and it should be WAY easier then the wainscoting!


Today's shameful moment:  I may or may not have taken a nap today during my conference...on the floor in my classroom...behind a large bookshelf  : /

{YAY for Grey's and Private Practice tonight!}

{Friday}
I love you Friday!

Conversation with 4 year olds:
Harrison:  Mrs. Powell, I got you a rock from the playground.  (hands me a small broken piece of concrete)
Me:  Oh, thank you Harrison!
Harrison:  I love you Mrs. Powell.
Me:  I love you too Harrison.
Kaely:  (Not wanting to be left out) I love you Mrs. Powell
Me:  I love you too Kaely

4 year olds are very hard to teach BUT I've never been told I love you so many times in one school year.  Oh, and they LOVE hugs!

Friday night included:
- A huge work to-do list that I finished!
- Forrest Gump on TV.  One of the best movies of all time!
- Bubble bath (duh!)
- Arby's!  YUM!

{Saturday}
Hair cut - needed it for a LONG time!  Just a trim...I love my hair long.
Dog pictures - One of my sister in laws best friends is a photographer and he's been doing a photo shoot benefit every year for the SPCA.  All you do is bring dog food and he'll do a mini photo shoot of your dogs.  Our dogs were maniacs of course but I think we got some good shots...hopefully!  Here are the pictures he did last year.  We didn't participate last year.
(took a 2 hour nap)
Easy A - Very cute!

{Sunday}
I broke my facebook silence today.  Sue me.  The best man in our wedding found out his wife is having a baby girl and I wrote congrats!  How could I not?!  I also commented on a blog even though my allotted blogging day is Monday...oops!  What can I say?  It's HARD!  I only have like a week and a half until my internet break is up.  It's been nice.  Especially with Facebook.  People put the dumbest stuff on Facebook.  Seriously, I don't need to know your every move every day!

When I woke up this morning Jonathan was making me home made waffles and bought me fresh flowers.  Isn't he sweet?


Have a good week!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I always love looking at all your students' artwork! Hope you have a great week!

Lyndsey said...

The whole sleeping during your conference break - been there, done that! At least I was able to steal a pillow from my classroom library area and I hid behind my desk so I would be disturbed!!

Leigh Anne said...

you always have the cutest art ideas :)

Lyndsey said...

By the way, if you decide to cheat again, I sent you a message on FB!

Kristen said...

Don't feel too ashamed about the nap behind the bookshelf! I set up a "time out corner" in my classroom out of file cabinets (did I mention I did this teaching high school students lol?). There were several times last year during my conference period I would pull some chairs into that corner, make a "bench", lock my door, turn off my light, and set an alarm. The corner was out of view from my door window, so it was an undisturbed nap ;-).\
Good luck on the board and batten project!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS