17 Weeks!

December 6, 2010

Let's please ignore the fact that I took this before bed...blahhhh!


How far along? 17 Weeks!

Baby size: 5 inches head to booty!

Total weight gain/loss:  I'll know tomorrow...I have my 17 week appointment.  I'm guessing I'm up a few though!!!

Maternity clothes?  I've worm maternity pants about 3 times total. 

Sleep: I sleep a lot!

Best moment this week:  We started reading to Georgia.  I read her "Les Oeufs Verts au Jambon" which is "Green Eggs and Ham" but in French.  My friend Ashley bought it for her and I'm guessing Georgia loved it.  (I took french for 3 years in high school and took french 1-4 in college).  Then, Jonathan read her "The Lamb" and "Infant Joy".  Two poems by one of his favorite poets, William Blake.  (Yes, my husband teaches high school English)

The Lamb:
Little Lamb, who made thee?

Dost thou know who made thee?
Gave thee life, and bid thee feed,
By the stream and o'er the mead;
Gave thee clothing of delight,
Softest clothing, woolly, bright;
Gave thee such a tender voice,
Making all the vales rejoice?
Little Lamb, who made thee?
Dost thou know who made thee?
Little Lamb, I'll tell thee,

Little Lamb, I'll tell thee.
He is called by thy name,
For He calls Himself a Lamb.
He is meek, and He is mild;
He became a little child.
I a child, and thou a lamb,
We are called by His name.
Little Lamb, God bless thee!
Little Lamb, God bless thee!

Infant Joy:
"I have no name;

I am but two days old."
What shall I call thee?
"I happy am,
Joy is my name."
Sweet joy befall thee!
Pretty joy!
Sweet joy, but two days old.
Sweet Joy I call thee:
Thou dost smile,
I sing the while;
Sweet joy befall thee!


Movement:  Anything I feel is sporadic.  Usually I'll feel it when I'm not paying attention and it doesn't happen again.  It's very subtle.
 
Food cravings:  I still am into bacon...new this week is STEAK!  Cold oranges...

Gender: GIRL! Georgia Emiline!

What I miss:  Nothing really...

What I am looking forward to:  My dr. appointment tomorrow!

Milestones:  Georgia took her first girl's trip this past weekend!  Oh, and I read that her ears are developing more this week so she can probably hear a bit by now!

Pregnancy Symptoms:  food aversions as well as night time nausea / indigestion

Here are the presents Georgia got this weekend:

The book I mentioned earlier, the onsie is from Megan, and I bought the hat.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

You look great girl! Love those poems too...so sweet!

Rachel said...

I hope I look as cute as you when I'm pregnant. Seriously!

I love that you are reading to baby Georgia...and in FRENCH! I hear it makes them smarter. haha. Hope you have a great day!

Emily said...

Those poems are so precious!

Amanda said...

you look adorable!

Rachel said...

I won the Green Eggs and Ham in Italian :)

Sarah said...

How do you pronouce her middle name? my daughters name is Emmaline

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS