17 Weeks to get it DONE!

January 14, 2011

Here is what I need to do before Georgia gets here:

Hospital Birthing Class / Breastfeeding Class - Research begins Feb. 1st (the date of my next appt.)

Finish the nursery (duh!) - Crib, bedding (buy the fabric), paint changing table...just to name a few.  The board and batten should be completed this weekend!  So, once that's done then we (Jonathan) can really get moving!

Maternity Pictures - I want them done around 30 weeks. (First week in March maybe?)  I don't want to look back and feel like a whale :)  We have 2 photographers who are friends that we use a lot but we may go with a new bloggy friend instead...we'll see!

Baby Shower - My BIG shower is on March 26th.  I say the "big" one because it's going to be in our home town and at our home church.  Jonathan and I grew up together and our parents still live in the same town so we're just having one BIG shower for all family and friends.  (We are also, mostly likely, both having work showers!)

Find a Pediatrician - I want a GREAT pediatrician and am already stressed about finding one!  I'm sure the perfect one is out there!  I'm compiling a list now to look into.  On my list I have the name, location, and how many times they've been recommended.  Don't make fun!  I'm going to start making phone calls next week.

Push Present - (Definition of "Push Present" here) Figure out what I want!  I know Jonathan should be able to surprise me but we've NEVER been able to pull that off.  We are THE WORST secret keepers ever!  I think I want an emerald ring because she will most likely (hopefully) be born in May and that is May's birthstone.  Or, I may want a simple diamond band with her initials on the inside.  I can't decide just yet!



Go to Babies R Us - I have a ton of coupons there that are about to expire and I might as well use them now.  I also got this via email today and will be taking them up on the offer.  I already received a free 25$ gift card just because I registered in November.  So, all moms and moms to be should take advantage :)

14 comments:

Ally said...

LOVE the idea of a push present! Love both of those rings...I'm so indecisive I wouldn't be able to decide between the two! Hope you get what you want :)

Rachel said...

Hmmm, loving this Push Present idea...must incorporate it when i'm preggers. That emerald ring is gorgeous btw.

I love maternity photos. I don't do enough of those! One idea that I like to use is asking my client what is one word that describes what you feel right now? Then we spell it out in scrabble letters on the belly. Just an idea =)

Can't wait to see the finished nursery! Yay!

KM said...

Push Present?? How did I miss out on that - I might need a retro push present, actually 2! hmmmm

Leigh Anne said...

oh that ring is just stunning! love the idea of having her birthstone. oh and ps - apparently babies r us is having a good deal on baby wipes today too!

Unknown said...

I'm LOVING the push present idea!!!!

Unknown said...

ps i'm your newest follower!

DaisyJo said...

I'd go for the emerald, green, fresh, birth. I like the connotation with green for this gift.

Ps I looked at photos of your house and I LOVE the colors whites, creams, brown/wood, blues, teals--yummy colors.

Lyndsey said...

I like the emerald ring! I'm hoping for a necklace with Liam's name and birthstone =) Gotta love getting gifts for giving birth!

Mariel Torres said...

i LOVE the ring idea! May is an amazing month... but then, i'm a bit biased ;)

Amanda said...

Youve got lots to do, but it all seems like it'll be fun doing it. =) 17 weeks seems like a long time, but then you think about "17 weekends" (b/c that's when I get everything done anyways) and it's like YIKES! =) Am I the new bloggy photographer?! If not... it's okay, no hurt feelings. ;) Hope you have a good weekend, and maybe get some of your things crossed of your list.

Megan said...

I love that emerald ring!! I've always wanted one...guess I need to have a May baby!! I can't wait to see the finished nursery and your maternity pics!

Katelyn said...

Never heard of a Push Present... but what a wonderful idea! I'll have to use that one later on down the road :) Love the emerald ring. That is my birthstone!

Look forward to seeing your maternity photos!

It's A Love Story said...

I love the idea of the "push present" its something nice to have too cause you can tell them how you got it!

C Mae said...

This has nothing to do with your post LOL just replying to your comment I think you emailed my other email account so when I went to reply, it said NOREPLY at the top... Ah well. Anyway, the cities and the ink being messy? Never worried about it or much less thought about the ink getting on them. They always wash their hands at the end or their teachers take them to the bathroom before heading back to class. I've done a lesson with Kinder where the kiddos make animal prints with ink pads pushing their index fingers in the ink pads. Granted the ink is washable but they have purple fingers for a day or 2. I think parents really love me on that one LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS