I'm Back : Friday Introductions

April 26, 2019

Hi, y'all! 
Blogging for me as always been about keeping our family memories. One of my goals for 2019 was to save all of my blogs.  I saved them digitally on my external hard drive and on drop box.  Another goal for another year is to get them printed out because I don't feel 100% about having them only saved in digital form.  I mean, in a dystopian society maybe they'll only have my blogs to know how life was before.  I mean, not seriously, but hey, it could happen.

So, I paused my blog because saving my blogs while still writing blogs made the goal seem unattainable.  So, here we are, 4.5 months into 2019 and I have saved all my blogs and I'm dusting off the keyboard.  Let's kick it off with a little #FridayIntroduction

I'm Emily.  I'm 33 and married to my high school sweet heart. Together we have two kids and one on the way.  Our daughter, Georgia is 7 (will be 8 next month!), our son, Milam (My-lum) is 2.5, and our surprise number 3, Barrett, is due November 2nd.  We have a dog (Penelope), a cat (Posey), and five hens.  We live on one acre outside of Houston, TX and are turning our 1965 ranch into the home of our dreams. Slowly. My husband is a high school principal and I mostly am a stay at home mom but I also run a small photo gig on the side (Emily Powell Photography).  
I watch a lot of old TV. (One Tree Hill, Gilmore Girls, Gossip Girl, The OC) and my husband constantly makes fun of me for it.  I told him yesterday I like it because it reminds me of a much simpler time in our lives. We were dating, no kids or finances to manage...he responded with, well yeah, but when we were that age we wanted all that we have now.  Ok, you win. You win.  Ever the optimist, he is.

This pregnancy is kicking my butt (as has the 1st trimester of all my pregnancies).  I'm exhausted all the time, can't eat anything unless its colorless or else I have horrible reflux, and my husband is picking up all the slack I'm leaving behind.

My two biggest goals in life are two travel more and finish our remodel.  I want an A frame cabin and an RV and to visit all the national parks and to take our kids all over the world.  That's expensive so hopefully I'll start booking more weddings soon ;)  We'll finish our remodel at some point.  Hopefully this house can be all that we want it to be.

Two of my favorite family traditions are blueberry picking in the summer and Pappasito's for Christmas Eve Eve. I LOVE spending time with just the four of us.  I'm a super homebody and Jonathan is the definition of an extrovert.  (I'm a 1 and he's a 2- enneagram!)

Anything else you want to know? I'm an open book.  Leave your questions in the comments and I'll try to get around to them in my next Friday Introduction!

1 comment:

Callie said...

I love your RV goals, it would be so cool to visit all the national parks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS