Friday Favorites

May 17, 2019

This week was a blur and slow all at the same time.  I'm so ready for summer. 

Slushes
We're already living like it's summer. I took the kids right after school to get a slush and drive around. (Mainly for my sanity because if they're in the car they are at least contained).  There is an empty lot near our church filled with flowers so I made Georgia hop out and take some pictures.  I'll save the rest for her 8 year post.
Movie Nights
The chairs at gymnastics that the parents sit in are so uncomfortable and Georgia is in class for nine hours a week.  I now stay the first hour of class, go home, eat dinner with M and J, and then Jonathan goes back up and finishes watching her class.  Luckily the gym is super close (like 5 minutes from our house) so it makes three three-hour classes more manageable for us.  I don't know how long we'll keep up this routine but that leave me and Milam doing bed time on our own since they don't get home until after 7:30.  J usually give him a bath before he leaves and me and Milam snuggle on the couch and watch something until bedtime. 

Sibling Bond
These two are so funny.  He knocked her out of her chair and instead of helping her up he did an headstand on her butt.  Thanks, buddy!

Texas Travels
We've booked a trip to Galveston with my mom and stepdad.  My mom wanted an easy trip so that's what we landed on.  My stepdad has dementia type issues and he gets very overwhelmed/disoriented very easily but he's a native Houstonian and super familiar with Galveston so we're hoping for the best.  We'll also be spending the weekend in Tyler, Jonathan has a work trip to Austin, and I think we're planning another quick trip somewhere in TX maybe.  We literally have about 4 free weekends left in the summer so we need to use them wisely.

Single Digits of School
As of today we have EIGHT school days left.  Way too many in my opinion but we're getting there!

GEORGIA
Georgia is 8 today but I'll do another post just for her.  I can't believe this is all happening so fast.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS