Milam's Nautical Nursery Reveal

September 7, 2019

This little boy nursery has literally been partially planned in my head since I was pregnant with Georgia, before I knew she was a Georgia.

His room is filled with so much love and history.  Literally every piece of furniture has the love of a former (or present) family member deeply embedded into it.  I love rooms like that.  The newest item is the crib but his big sister used it.  I was so sad when we took it apart.  It signified that she wasn't a baby anymore and we had no prospects of one anytime soon.  His dresser was used as a TV stand my entire life in all of my childhood home's living rooms.  The table and chair was my grandmother's when she was a child.  The upholstered chair was my great great grandmother's.  The large map on the wall was my dad's.  He's a boat captain and used this chart on one of his sails.

This space just makes me so SO happy and this is mainly what it looked like the day we brought Milam home.  I never posted pictures because we never got around to doing the cornice boards for the drapes and we didn't put up crown molding.  Both of which Georgia's room has.  You can see here room HERE.  We'll be making a few small changes before we bring Barrett home and when we do I'll post an update.  The paint color is Hale Navy by Benjamin Moore.

His room is so dark because of the paint so it's hard to get good photos.  Sorry!
A sailing chart from my dad.  It has his notes scribbled all over it.  We love it.
My sweet friend made the sign and gave it to me as a baby shower gift.
His crib rail is Sweet Honey or Smallwoods Home.  I'm not sure what name the company calls itself now.
This is the view when you walk in his door.
Kept the ceiling fan because this is Texas and it is a must when we sleep.
The large map came from Jonathan's school.  They were getting rid of classroom sets because they were no longer accurate.
I bought the M before I was pregnant.  I knew our name choices were Milam or Magnolia so it was a place holder while we prayed for another child.
So many hours sitting here and getting him to sleep. And now we are doing it all over again! Ha! See you soon, Barrett...just not too soon!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS