Life Lately

December 10, 2009

This week I have been yelled at, called stupid, and barked at...all by students :/ I teach elementary art and it has been an interesting week. I have a video of the "barking" student but I'm sure some laws prohibit me from posting it...oh, I wish I could. Yes, I secretly video my bad classes. I love showing people how not picturesque elementary in public school is! BUT this letter from Elijah (age 6) to MacKenzie for her birthday makes it all worth it. I took the letter from him to take a picture of it secretly. He told me I couldn't read it though because there was a "secret in it". I think the first line is the secret! So CUTE!

"I love you
I will
mack (make)
you
a brtha (birthday)
ckack (cake)
if I
can

El (Elijah...I took it before he could sign his name but when he finished I did let him go give it to her)

Me being a total mess at work! Only a portion of my apron...

You can't see the picture very well but this is green paint on my shirt...I'm an idiot some days!

2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

teaching elem. is definitely not all sunshine and roses like it's cracked up to be! but then it's the little things that get us through! that is a sweet little note :)

Jessica said...

that's adorable! It's the little moments that you have to embrace when working with kids who can be horrible sometimes!

I wish you could post the video of the barking child...that's too funny!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS