Smoothie Pops!

March 8, 2010

Jonathan thinks that he is into smoothies now after he watched an episode of Good Eats. I say thinks because he bought the fruit and juice to make the smoothies but he is yet to actually make one. Anyways, the other night he thought about actually making one but I said that I didn't like smoothies and thought of the great idea to freeze them. I LOVE fruit popsicles so I thought this would be great.

Here are the ingredients. Jonathan bought the frozen fruit and the juice but we already had the other items. We didn't really measure...just poured stuff in.

Blend it all together...pretty color!


Poured the fruity mixture into a really nasty looking cupcake pan. I swear it's not dirty...it just has some NASTY baked on stuff. (This is the one we keep around for cooking experiments so we don't ruin to good ones.) Then we cut some wood skewers and placed them in...it would have been handy if we had some popsicle molds. We popped them in the freezer and when I woke up I had a nice fruity (and healthy) popsicle! I think it needs more yogurt or milk...it is a bit on the icy side and not as creamy as I would have liked it to be. Live and learn...they'll be better next time but I've already eaten 4 today so that's saying something!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS