Recipe for THE best day!

August 27, 2010

*1*
Only work part time.  That way you can get up and relax in the morning and tidy up the house so that when you do come home from work you can be coming home to a clean house.

*2*
Have a morning devotional.  Read two chapters from your Bible (last year I read the New Testament and this year I'm making my way through the Old.  I'm in Exodus currently.)  Also, read some type of devotional.  (I'm reading Holy Available by Gary Thomas.  I also write in a personal journal and keep a list of what I'm thankful each day and a list of prayer requests.  I love this as my new morning routine.  It's like I have a fresh slate to start my day.)

*3*
Have a prayer answered LOUD & CLEAR!  (This alone could have made yesterday THE best day!)

*4*
Make new friends at work.  It makes going to work fun and exciting!

*5*
If you're a teacher have fabulously bright students.  It makes teaching fun and a lot easier (...even though they seem to NEVER stop talking and it seems as though I never stop asking them to be quiet.)

*6*
Spend time with your husband.  (It's so nice that he doesn't coach varsity anymore.  We're both loving that he got moved to Middle School.  We get to go on bike rides EVERYDAY!)

{So many people asked why my day yesterday was so fantastic.  So, that's why.}

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Awww such wonderful things to be happy about that make for a wonderful day! Have a great weekend :)

Melanie said...

Having a morning devotional sounds like a great way to start the day! I LOVE your idea of having a "thankful journal"..see my last post on my blog about the cute, cheap journals you can pick up at michaels!

Callie said...

Aw, that does sound like a wonderful day!

Megan C said...

I'm glad you had such a great day! Hope you will be having many more of those. Miss ya

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS