13 Week Appointment

November 9, 2010

So, I had my 13 week appointment today.  Everything went great.  I had originally thought I would see the baby at 13 weeks but then I remembered we turned down some of the elective testing so they wouldn't be doing the sonogram.  We did get to hear the heartbeat.  It did take her about 2 minutes to find it (which oddly enough didn't have me worried).  Once she found it she said it was because I was tall and she was looking too high up.  The heart rate was around 150 which is pretty average.  I think according to the boy/girl heart beat myth that puts it in the girl range but I don't think that is really accurate.

My weight was the same as it was at 9 weeks putting me at negative 5 pounds.  I'm not worried about it and neither is the dr.  She also gave me some medicine for this pesky cold I can't seem to get rid of!

Anyways, we both feel very blessed to have a healthy little one!

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Glad to hear the appointment went well! How exciting to hear your little one's heart beat! :-D

E @ Oh! Apostrophe said...

Yay! Isn't it wonderful to hear that heartbeat? Our BOY was 165 bpm at 12 weeks... I don't think there's much to the heartbeat wives' tale.

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

How exciting! I tagged ya in a post over at my place;) www.marcysmazinmoments.blogspot.com

Melanie said...

So glad your appointment went well today! Mine did too..and we opted to not do those elective tests as well.

cait said...

Glad your appointment went well! I'm sure each one is another wonderful blessing. :)

Lyndsey said...

Yes I hear the vision goes back to normal after the baby is born too. I'm trying to hold out until after Liam is born to go back but I am running out of contacts! I also wouldn't use the heartbeat as much of a factor since it's so in the middle. Liam's has been 145-150 every time which depending on which Old Wives Tale you read can mean both boy and girl! At least you'll know soon!

Cecilly said...

Yay! Baby and mom are healthy! Praise God.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS