Surviving Pregnancy

June 13, 2011

...and enjoying it.

Here is what worked for me.

* A supportive husband
Jonathan was amazing my entire pregnancy and pretty much did anything I asked him to.  He made my pregnant life so much easier.  He cooked for me, helped me clean, tied my shoes...whatever I needed.



* Prescriptions
I had terrible acid reflux and my dr. prescribed me some wonderful medicine.  It changed my life!

* Staying active
Jonathan and I always went on walks plus I'm a teacher so I stayed on my feet.  In my opinion it made my pregnancy easier as well as my labor and delivery.

* Gum
I ALWAYS had gum on me when I was pregnant.  My mouth was so dry and no matter what I ate I always was left with a bad taste in my mouth...my solution was gum!

* Ice water
I  constantly craved ice water.  I drank it all day...and it couldn't be just water.  It had to be mostly ice.

* Palmer's
I don't know if it worked or not but I didn't get any stretch marks!

* Flowy dresses
I hated maternity clothes.  They were not comfortable to me and seemed like a waste of money.  During the warm months of my pregnancy I would wear flowy (non maternity) dresses or skirts literally every day.



* Indulge!
Don't feel bad if you have caffeine or take a hot bath.  You can't be perfect and shouldn't try to be.

4 comments:

cait said...

So far...I feel like I could basically write this same post! :) Thankfully no prescriptions...yet! Staying active has been a lifesaver for me. And now, I feel more movement in the evening when I've been active...definitely another perk! I'm with you on maternity clothes. Gross. I'm loving my flowy dresses too. Thanks for sharing the tips!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Great post! Came at a perfect time =-)

Kae said...

Yay! So glad you got it and liked it :)

Kristin said...

Yes! Staying active, having water on hand, and the dresses have been key for me thus far!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS