One of those days...

July 19, 2011

*My husband is out of town for the 4th time this summer for work (although my mom and step dad are staying with me)

*I took Georgia to her 2 month check up (I rescheduled her shots for when Jonathan comes home so I don't have to go alone) and found out she has a heart murmur and now has to go see a pediatric cardiologist next Thursday although the doctor is 99.9 % sure it is something she will just out grow.  My brother had one that he eventually out grew and it was never an issue but there is still that "what if".

*The past 2 nights Georgia has woken up after only sleeping 5 hours (not her usual 8) and just wants to be held.  Both nights I've been able to get her back to sleep without feeding her but as soon as I put her down she cries and we start all over.  Once I did get her back to sleep (both nights took about an hour and a half) she slept for 4 more hours...without eating.  So, clearly she isn't hungry and it's not a growth spurt or she would be eating A TON!

*Georgia has thrush and she's had it for weeks.  We've been on 2 meds for it that haven't worked so now we're on gentian violet and not only does it stain EVERYTHING it touches but it works the thrush off her tongue exposing sensitive skin underneath making her very fussy and occasionally irritable when she eats.  Luckily its supposed to work in 3 days and we're on day 2.

*Also, she keeps pulling on her ears and chewing on her tongue.  I looked up these symptoms along with night waking and everything points to teething.  We were just at the doctor and her ears are clear and she has no temp so it's not an ear infection.  If she really is teething...which is early but I read that symptoms may start up to 2 months before you see a tooth (on top of having thrush) I know she must not feel good.  She is asleep right now but it took me an hour to get her to bed.  Poor baby :(

So yeah, it's been "one of those days".  Just one of the things listed above is enough to throw me for a loop but all of them combined are just a bit too much...but I came across this today:

Phil 4:4-9

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

I really could use some peace right about now because my sleeping baby just woke up screaming.  Joy.

(P.S. I found all of these fun FREE printables here.  Enjoy!)

4 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Oh girl, I am sorry it's been rough over there! Maybe a cold teething ring would help soothe her gums and her thrush? Or a nice massage with lotion? (for her and for you!) I don't know, just trying to think of some different things to try! I hope you get some good sleep tonight!

Tami said...

So sorry to hear it's been a tough day, Georgia will be in my prayers that the heart murmur will go away on it's own. I had thrush and used the gentian violet after nothing else worked. It is such a mess! Emerson's mouth was bright purple for days after nursing and I hated it but it did work. I hope tomorrow is better for you!

Pamela said...

Aww! I'm sorry!! I will keep yall in my prayers!

Klein Dot Co said...

Those free printables are 12 kinds of fantastic! Thanks for sharing!! I've totally already printed several of them ; )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS