Like New (Kind of)

August 2, 2012

Because my niece is exactly one year older than Georgia we are given a lot of hand me downs which I love BUT I don't like our used shoes and clothes to look used.  I have become the expert stain remover and now I'm a pretty good shoe cleaner as well.


I don't like Crocs and I have never worn a pair but my sister in law gave us these because she let her kids play outside in them when they were going to get especially dirty and she figured we would do the same with Georgia.  That being said, I thought they would make pretty good beach shoes since the sand is often so hot.  I didn't want Georgia's shoes to look dirty so I got out an old tooth brush and started to scrub.

Crocs are really easy to clean.  I kept joking with Jonathan that I could probably just throw them in the dishwasher.  I used a tooth brush and and water at first which worked pretty well.  Then, to get the really hard spots I used liquid dish detergent.  It worked pretty well.  Besides the black Croc symbol being worn off they look fairly new.  Pretty darn good for a pair of free beach shoes!  (I did clean the inside but just a once over.)




The harder shoes I cleaned were Georgia's silver Sun San Sandals.  We used several different products on these.  Sorry the pictures are blurry.  I didn't notice until I was editing them and didn't want to re take them.  I never cleaned this when I first got them a few months ago even though they were used.  But, G has put A LOT of dirt on them because she wears them almost every day so they needed a good cleaning.
The "during" picture is after we used Goo Be Gone, finger nail polish remover, and dish detergent.  There were still a few spots on there that were not coming off as easily so I used some bleach to finish it off.  A LOT of chemicals went on these shoes.  ha!  Again, I used the tooth brush to scrub these and I was happy with the results.



So, there are a few of my cleaning tips!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS