Georgia - 19 Months

December 17, 2012

I now officially feel silly counting your age in months.  You're over a year and a half.  I know everyone always talks about how sad they are that there baby is getting older but I'm really not.  I think you are absolutely precious in the exact age you are in right now.  I try not to feel sad about you getting older and not to look forward to new things.  I want to remember you right now...always.



You've been so funny this month and gone back and fourth on so many things.  Like, last month you were really into potty training and now not so much.  Some days you can tell me so many of your colors and then other days you're totally not interested.

Speech:
As always your speech is coming along great.  On a good day you know several colors.  Red, blue, and orange mainly.  You've gone through phases where you've really liked brown and purple.  You can verbally identify several shapes.  You can point at and say, flower, heart, star, and diamond...so girly.  There is no way for me to keep track of all your words.  You know a lot.  You think saying knee and pointing to yours is hysterical.  You use more word pairings now.  "Zoe at gymnastics".  "Baby go night night".  "Meats tray", which means put that lunch meat on my tray RIGHT NOW.  You also say, "hand" a lot and that means you want me to give you something (whatever that item may be) so you can hold it.  You know the letters A, B, C, D, and E.  I didn't know that until yesterday but we're practicing a lot now.  You say, "hold you" a lot and that means you want me to pick you up.


Growth:
You are still super tall.  At your 18 month check up you were in the 100% for height but in weight you have gone down.  At 15 months you were 28 pounds and now you are 25 pounds.  You are now 75% for weight which is so low for you.  For height to weight ratio you are now in the 50% percentile (I've never paid attention to this one before).  Every appointment your doctor says you are 100% perfect so I'll take her word for it.

You are still in a size 5 diaper although weight wise you could fit in a 4 but they aren't tall enough for you.

I mostly buy you 2t clothes and you are in a 6.5 shoe.  You still have really fat feet.


Routine:
Typically you sleep 11.5 to 12 hours.  Occasionally 11 hours which stinks because you are usually asleep before 7:15.  I don't go get you out of bed until we hit the 12 hour mark.  You REALLY like to wake up at 6:30 no matter what time I put you in bed (which is why I put you in bed at 7...so you can get the most hours possible).  Naps are usually 2 hours and 15 minutes.  Odd time to me although some days you sleep all the way to 3 hours.  Sometimes you wake up at 1.5 hours and will cry and cry.  I usually remember to give you Mortin/Tylenol (for teeth) before your nap and that doesn't happen...if I forget you will most likely wake up hysterical.  Combo of 18 month sleep regression and teething I'm sure.

Example of the above:  Saturday night she was asleep at 7:30 (in an attempt to get her to sleep to 7) and she was up at 6:30 (11 hours is rare for her).  Then, we went to lunch after church and tried to put her down for her nap.  She wouldn't fall asleep because she pooped when we put her in her crib but it took us awhile to figure that out (this is becoming all too common).  So she is usually asleep by 12:30 but yesterday is wasn't until 1:45.  Then, she only slept 1.5 hours and woke up hysterical.  Talk about a long day.

You are still a really good eater and have taken a liking to pickles and green beans this month.  That's my girl!  You love meat still and usually pick that over anything.  You also tried and LOVED pomegranate this month.  Another favorite is raisins.  You even eat spinach and cucumbers.  So healthy ;)


Other Georgia stuff:
You love giving kisses.  You think the sign for "thank you" is the same thing as blowing kisses.  You squint your eyes when asked where your eyes are.  You would live outside if I let you.  You say, "Zoe friend" all the time.  You're starting to like gymnastics now.  You had a rough start but your 3rd class was a good turning point.  You're a little chatterbox and can run faster now than ever.  You are just so funny and make us laugh every day.  I know I'm missing a ton of things!


I love you Peachy Pie!  Can't wait to see what next month brings.

4 comments:

Tami said...

I agree that this is such a fun age! I think when I talk about being sad that Emerson is getting older that it is more about how quickly I will forget how she is right now. Yes I have pictures and videos but I'm afraid I won't remember what it feels like to hold her at 19 months old. Does that make sense? I agree with the doctor- G is 100 percent perfect. :) Every time I read through your monthly updates I can't believe how alike our two girls are. I think they would be the best of friends!

Lyndsey said...

These pictures are great! I love her dress!

Melanie said...

Love that smile! She's a doll!

Megan C said...

She is just adorable! I hope I can see her again soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS