Rodeo

February 27, 2013

Jonathan left work and little early and my mom came to babysit and before 2:30 we were out the door and headed to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.  It's huge deal here in Houston with big name artists performing at the end of each night.  I've been several times but the only two I can remember are John Mayer and Maroon 5 (when I was in high school and college).  It's the largest rodeo of it's kind in the world.



First we had some "Fair Food" and went to the petting zoo area and livestock area in an attempt to scope out some Georgia friendly activities.





After we looked around at all the indoor "booths" we took a rest.


Jonathan's parents gave us the rodeo tickets so we met them for dinner after we made all the rounds and went with them to find our seats and got ready to watch the rodeo.  We were in the 7th row.  Really good seats.


Fireworks!


And then the rodeo got started!


So glad Reliant can close the roof!  It was cold and windy that night!  I was literally being knocked over on our walk back to the car.  

We had so much fun.  Yee haw!

6 comments:

Megan C said...

Sounds like so much fun! I love the Rodeo and we get to go a week from today! Who did you see? And I love some fair food... fried oreos!

Rachel and John said...

Sounds like our Calgary Stampede! I love it and can't wait for July to come!

Looks like you had a great time!!

stephanie said...

Looks like fun. I really enjoy going to the Houston Rodeo, the food is my favorite part.

tara said...

glad y'all had fun! we're going tomorrow! bring on the funnel cake!

Sarah said...

OH my gosh looks like a blast! Great pics!

Megan said...

Looks like so much fun! What concert did you get to see? This is the first time in 5 years that I won't be going to the Houston Rodeo. So sad!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS