Our Encourager

March 4, 2014

Jonathan was out of town friday, saturday, and sunday.  When he is out of town I leave the TV in the living room on at night but just mute it.  When Georgia and I got up the next morning Dr. Charles Stanley was on (although I left it on Tree House Masters when I went to bed) and he was talking about God our Encourager.  (I've talked about Charles Stanley a bit HERE)  I had never heard any of his sermons until this week and then I suddenly get two that really spoke to me.

From his sermon on TV what really stood out to me was that:
 God is always encouraging us.  He gives us grace always and never leaves us.  He doesn't want us to give up.  He is our comforter.  He is faithful to keep his word to us...always!  He knows what is good for us...always!  He does not change.  We should never and are not meant to live in discouragement.

He also closed with these three verses.  They're just perfect.  Feel encouraged today :)

Proverbs 3: 5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.


5 comments:

Shae said...

It's good to see you're feeling better about things. :)

Melanie said...

Always good scriptures to hear! :-)

Callie said...

I love it when I hear a sermon that is just what I need to hear! Those are great verses for encouragement.

cait said...

love how God finds a way to give us exactly what we need, exactly when we need it. Great scripture reminders. I have had some fear creeping in lately about some things, and I have been trying to cling on the promise that God is our Rock and our comforter. that we are not to live in fear. thanks for sharing this reminder!

stephanie said...

I have been out of the blog world for a bit and just now playing catch up... Thank you for being so honest about your struggle. Its also wonderful that you are seeking hope and comfort in the Lord. Sometimes I struggle to allow my mind to wrap around the mysterious truth in scripture, but there is beauty in not understanding His ways perfectly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS