Week in the Life - 9

March 5, 2018

I have some other posts coming up besides our every day life but that's all I have for right now.  We are going to BIG BEND over spring break (FINALLY!) and are super pumped to hit up ALL THE sights.  We're going at the end of next week so follow along on Insta (I over InstaStory so beware!) @MrsEmilyPowell for all of our West Texas fun!

Another week another...
MONDAY
This week was Dr. Seuss week.  Growing up my mom taught first grade and actually didn't care for Dr. Seuss books because they have made up words and typically make no sense.  Anyway, so we didn't read them a lot so I never really get excited about Dr. Seuss because I think he's kind of weird but I'm that strange mom that likes dress up days/week.  It's like a personal challenge.  All of that to say, Monday was college day (Oh the Places you'll go day).  We love Green and Gold at our house.
This weather has been killing me.  We can't play outside and I can't work (photographer) but we've been seeing little tid bits of sun every now and then and we love it when it does!
I also had a newborn shoot this day.  They came to my house so that was super nice.

Tuesday
Stripes day was fun!  If she had a striped bow and shoes we would have worn those too.  I peaked around my phone and said, "Georgia, smile pretty!" and this is the face that I got.  Oh well.
After the previous sun oh, we got more RAIN.  Our back yard is so SO muddy.  Trying to keep my kids, house, and dog clean with all this yucky weather is impossible.  So much laundry!
But then sunshine again.  We need sun more than a few hours so that my spongy backyard can dry out.
 Hey mom, I just drank muddy water is that cool?
 Yeah, it's cool? I thought so.  Loved it.  Thanks.
Tried getting good 18 month pictures but he wouldn't look at me and smile.  I got one and his arm is up in the air but it's still cute.  I just need one to put on the wall.
Wednesday
Mustache day was funny.  I don't remember where I got the idea for this but we pretty much nailed mustache day.
Milam and I went to Home Depot to pick up some stuff for our planter boxes.  We're so close to being done...and Milam likes the riding lawn mowers.
They added so much curb appeal and I love them.  I knew I would but I didn't think I would love them this much.  The plants aren't planted in this picture hence the plant tags still in there.
AND Jonathan's mom came by to bring us lunch from Chick fil a.  So nice!

Milam is obsessed with stuffed animals.  Georgia was (and still is) at this age as well.  He kept trying to swing on Georgia's bar while holding his puppy so I just stuck the puppy in his outfit and he was so happy about it.  He thought it was so funny.
Thursday
Georgia had her fun run at school and it overlapped with crazy sock day.  I went to her fun run last year but because her brother is a bit on the rowdy side (won't sit in his stroller nicely...he'll scream at the top of his lungs until someone gets him out) so we had to pass this year.  I felt really bad but I would have had to wake him up after an only hour nap so I just couldn't do that him...or myself.  I hate when I have to miss out on things with her at school because of him (which is a lot) but she's ok with it.  Mom guilt but if I go to one of her events I want to actually experience it and not be drenched in sweat chasing her brother.  She looked so cute and was so excited.
Friday:
We ended Dr. Seuss week with dressing up like Cindy Lou Who from the cartoon movie version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
Georgia was so excited about school on Friday because she got to dress up, her grandmother brought her CFA and read to the class, and then after school one of her little friends came over and they made pizza.  We made heart pizzas and Texas pizzas (because it was TX independence day!)
Milam ended the day with ice cream on his head.  This was all him.  I promise.
Saturday:
Saturday was just for house work and walks the first part of the day.  I'll try to post about our house updates later.  We walked around the neighborhood and went to an estate sale.  After naps I went to a photo shoot and then we went out for italian.
Sunday:
Another rainy Sunday for us.  Well, at least the morning was.  We went to church, I went to a baby shower after, and the kids played outside with all the kids in the neighborhood while I was gone while J worked on projects, and then ended the day with family dinner at my mom's house with everyone.
Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS