Week in the Life - 30

September 4, 2018

This the the 30th time I've written boring posts about our week! Yay!

I also made our first "home video" from all the videos I've taken through the entire month of August.  You can see it HERE.  I'm trying to be better about videos.  It's not super exciting but I wanted all the videos to be together like there were when I was growing up. (On insta stories I post little clips of longer videos but these are all the originals strung together)

Sunday
Georgia and I skipped church because we found out G had strep.  She had been complaining about a sore throat for a few days but the ragweed levels were high and she had no fever so I assumed she was fine.  I checked her tonsils before church and there were some white spots.  I took her in and even with no fever or any other symptoms she still had strep but since she had no fever she was ok to continue on with school since she was not contagious.

We also celebrated national dog day with our favorite mutt, Penelope.
The kids also spent a lot of time on THIS  slackfline/ninja course. (It's actually on sale on amazon right now.)
Monday
Our chickens FINALLY started laying.  One of the barred rock ladies is giving us one egg every other day.
We went back to MOPS

Tuesday
We hung around the house and Georgia and Milam both had gymnastics class.

Wednesday
Milam and I focused on red, blue, circles, and M's.  He's doing really well with baby steps.

Thursday
Milam woke up not being himself.  I thought he felt warm and took his temp three times with two different thermometers and nada.  But, he was clingy and sad and wouldn't eat.  I took him in and sure enough he had strep too.  He had a super low temp. 99.5 by the time we got to the doctor (although by the next day it was gone). After a sore throat sucker he perked right up but I gave him Motrin and once that kicked in he finally started eating.  I gave him his antibiotics and he took a four hour nap.  Well, I woke him up after four hours.

Jonathan had to work late, of course because Milam wasn't feeling his best.
Friday
Dinner in Crosby with some friend's of Jonathan's parents
Saturday
(Finally September!)
Georgia spent the night at her grandparent's house the night before so Jonathan and I just worked around the house and got a few things done. Once she came home we went to a family friend's birthday party.
I had a photoshoot downtown Houston.

Sunday
We went to church and came home and ate lunch and then I think we did nothing the rest of the day.
 
Monday
(Labor Day)
Neither kid was still feeling 100%.  Nothing super specific but we just laid low and then headed to the mall to walk around because it was raining all day. We came home and this was actually the first day of the entire week Milam didn't take a 3 hour plus nap.
In the evening my mom, step dad, and grandmother came over for dinner.  It was a nice relaxing day to end a full week of (semi) sickness.

Happy TUESDAY! Here's to a short week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS