Week in the Life - 32

September 19, 2018

Tuesday
9/11 - I feel like it's such a somber day but I wanted to dress my kids so people would know that we remember.  I wasn't celebrating the day just thankful for all that we still have.  It's odd that there has been something like that in recent history that I have very vivid memories of.  It didn't seem real then and it still kind of doesn't.  So sad.
I tried to sneak a picture of them because they matched on accident.  They got very upset with me.  haha.  (we take our neighbor to school every morning)
Then we had a playdate.  Hopefully we'll be able to keep these up.  So fun.
Wednesday
I did a lot of things around the house and kept pretty busy. I've been working a lot on the grossest areas of our home.  All our backdoors.  Our house is over 50 years old and the outdoor areas have taken a beating.  We are the only young family to have lived in the home in recent years so it had just been sitting without a lot of help.  I've redone the garage back doors (one of the doors goes out to the backyard from the garage and the other goes into the laundry room), I did the outside of the door that goes to the backyard, and then the French doors that are on the back porch.  It's been a lot of painting and my hands kind of hurt but it's been worth it.  We need a new rug and a new light but those are pretty easy fixes.  I'll post more pictures when the back porch is all done.
The kid's toys are under the skirt and that's where the cat sleeps so it works.
I always wonder if the original owners would like what we've done.  They built it.  They had three kids here (found their handprints in the cement). Would they be like, "what are you doing" or "great, thanks for not letting our house rot into the ground". I would like to assume it's the second.
Milam was even more obsessed with Georgia than normal.  He would put their chairs SUPER close together and say, "Georgia! Sit!" It was so cute.  At dinner I got a little teary over how precious they are.
Thursday
Well, Thursday is just the worst.  I was taking the kids to school and hit a dog on the highway.  I slowed down to let his little friend across the street and right as I sped up this one snuck up on me.  I was so upset.  Georgia was crying.  Her little friend held it down for me in the back with G while I called Animal Control.  It hobbled off so I couldn't go find it. I got home and realized my whole front bumper was hanging off.  Then I was even more upset...especially because we were going to trade in my car in a few months so it stinks to repair a car you won't have anymore.
Friday
Friday wasn't bad.  Rainy and a lot of time at home until Georgia got home.  Took M to my mom's and took G to gym.  My mom made dinner and bathed the boy which was great because J was working late.  Then, G spent the night with my mom and I had the evening to myself.
 Milam was yelling for Ethan to hold his hand so of course Ethan did.  That turned into a group hug.  They were all being so sweet.
Saturday/Sunday
The weekend was a random blur of friends, photo shoots, Mexican food...
Team spirit day at church
Here's to another beautiful week with my precious family.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS