Fun Friday - Harry Potter Edition

September 12, 2018

On the first Friday of each month I do "Fun Friday".  All that means is we basically do a fancy movie night with themed snacks.  I wanted something back to school ish so I went with Harry Potter because they go off to school at Hogwarts.  I did a quick Pinterest search to get some ideas for snacks and used decor items we already had.
I pulled the kids table from the breakfast room into the master and put some pillows down as floor cushions to make a small sitting area near our wall mounted TV.
I did Hufflepuff colors (black and yellow) because that's Georgia's "house", make your own wands dip, witches brooms, and make your own potions.  I had room temp Sprite (so the ice would melt faster) and made ice cubes of orange soda and strawberry soda so we could "mix" our own drinks and watch the Sprite magically change colors.
I tossed in some poorly done chalk art, her current Harry Potter read, and her little wood wand her and Jonathan made.
Our next fun Friday is the first Friday of October and we will be doing a fall/halloween theme so be on the look out!

1 comment:

Leigh Anne said...

How fun!! I love that you take the time to make a simple thing so special with those extra touches :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS