No good, very bad day

October 25, 2018

I feel like I'm one of those people that is very prone to "bad days".  It is normally a lot of little things that just add up to a bad day but TODAY just took the cake.

On Wednesday night Georgia told us, "when I bite down really hard my tooth hurts".  My reaction: then don't do that!  But she persisted.  Although it didn't hurt when she ate or drank or talked.

I took her to school on Thursday like normal and called around to find a pediatric dentist on our plan because the normal dentist we see doesn't do procedures on kids so I knew if we were talking cavities she would have to go somewhere else.  So, with Milam strapped in his high chair I figured out the dentist situation and found one with a 10 am opening.  Sweet.  I was crazy but booked it and decided to brave it with both kids.  (Milam is insane).  I was going to take G out of school at 1 any how for her flu shot so what was most of the day?!

We get to the doctor and they're running late because well, it's a doctor's office but we all manage with youTube! It's Georgia's turn and we go back but as soon as they start G's X-rays Milam loses his mind.  He's so upset and crying.  The front desk worker actually came and got him once we went into the room because I could hardly talk to the doctor.

The doctor was very nice and explained that Georgia's grooves in her teeth are so deep and her enamel unfortunately doesn't cover her entire tooth or the deep grooves so it would be nearly impossible for her to not get cavities (my oldest brother and I are the same way). So SIX cavities and I'm not even going to say how much money (because I don't want to ruin your day) later we were on our way with an appointment scheduled for Monday to get her fillings.  We had just enough time to come home, eat lunch, and then head off to get her flu shot.

When we got home Milam was still acting really upset so I put him in bed just so I could get lunch made without him destroying the house.  He was crying and gagged and threw up.  So lunch was postponed while I cleaned up the bed.  and him.  and myself.  and the bathroom.

I started the washing machine and went and got Milam settled.  I changed my clothes and then ran to put my clothes in the washer and the washer was OVERFLOWING!  The entire laundry room had flooded.  So much so there was water leaking into the garage through the baseboards.  So bad.

I called Jonathan bawling.  The dentist bill.  The barf.  The washer.  I couldn't handle it all.  I FINALLY sat down to eat lunch and Georgia walks into the living room and tells us she doesn't feel so good.  She runs to the bathroom and throws up.  Oh - my - goodness.  Plus, there goes the flu shot appointment.  And, don't forget we're now down a washing machine and plus two kids throwing up...just incase you're keeping score.

Georgia didn't throw up again but Milam did after his nap and then he perked up a lot.  Then at bed time he had a super low fever 99.1 and I don't know what tomorrow holds and I don't like going to bed like that.  We're not sure if the fluoride from G's appointment made her sick and if Milam is having a reaction to his flu shot two days ago.

My mom is washing our clothes and I'm here typing getting emotional listening to Lauren Daigle songs and being so thankful not only for my husband, mom, and step-dad who always save the day but also for a friend who stepped up in a huge way for me today and I just can't thank her enough.

I would also like to not that Georgia is SO SUPER anxious and totally rocked her dentist appointment.  I was so proud of her.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Oh no! The stomach bug has been going around here too. Thankfully, it's seems to be short-lived. I hope everyone feels better soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS