Friday Favorites

July 12, 2019

We got back really late on Sunday night and Jonathan had work bright and early on Monday morning. I was so tired and had a lot to do but knew the kids needed a really good technology detox (too many movies in the car).  It would have been a lot easier to turn the TV on or give them iPads so I could do the laundry, checkbook, bills, and business taxes but I stuck to my guns with no technology and they have been SO GOOD!  They've been playing nicely (mainly because they were in the car so much and missed their toys!), being calm and creative for the most part and I was able to set up camp in the breakfast room to get all my work done yet still keep an eye on them.  I'm a type A kind of person and thrive on lists so that's what this week was all about for me.  Making a plan for each day and getting it done.  It helps me feel more in control when life surprises me...

Here are some of my favorites from this busy week:

Wyoming photos
They are all posted here.  There are far too many to post on Blogger but I spent a large amount of Monday getting the remainder of them edited and posted for my dad to see.
Freddy's
We let Milam pick he lunch spot on Wednesday and he picked Freddy's because there is a giant ice cream cone on the sign.  It was our first time there and we really liked it. Jonathan's former office aid works there and and brought us a free vanilla milk shake.  It was super yummy.
Creative Play
As I mentioned above we're doing no technology this week so I the kids have had to do other things while I work.  I had A LOT of work to catch up since we were gone for almost two weeks.  Took a little extra time to get them settled but they played so well.
Getting along
They really do love each other and it's so sweet to watch them play together.  Milam is becoming more and more imaginative and Georgia is fairly patient with him in letting him play with her and her things.  Picture below is him scared at the car wash.
J keeping G at work
After lunch on Wednesday Jonathan let Georgia come back to work with him for the rest of the day.  She had been begging to most of the summer. She loved visiting his co workers and showing off her skills for the cheerleaders during their summer practice.
Free Slurpee Day
7-11 does free slurpee day but we don't have those here in Houston but Stripes does the same thing.  I told the kids I would get them a surprise if they were good during my morning errands.  They didn't know it was free, well even if they had they wouldn't care.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS