Travel Tuesday - Jackson Hole, Wy 2019

September 17, 2019

I've been putting off this post because I feel like it is such a beast to tackle.  This was my second trip to Jackson and Jonathan and Georgia's third trip.  Since my dad owns a home there we don't feel pressured to get everything done in one trip.  We know we'll have more trips to see it all.  I prefer to drive it in two 11 hour days but on the way up there Jonathan wanted to drive it in three days to give us a chance to stop and visit Rocky Mountain National Park.  While I'm glad we got to go to that park it rained the entire time and made our trip there 3 days verses 2.  We probably won't do 3 days again.  We drive because kids have a lot of stuff and the Jackson airport literally has one commercial airline that flies in and is smaller than our small town airport here in Conroe.  If we decide to fly in the future I just plan on amazon priming a lot of our gear to my dad's and just leaving it there now that we have Barrett coming along.

On day one we drove from Conroe to Amarillo and stayed with a friend.  On day two we drove from Amarillo to Rocky Mountain National Park.
On the final day we drove from CO to my dad's place, which is about an hour outside of Jackson Hole, in Star Valley.  Me  on my dad's porch after three days of car travel. It was a lot!
To begin with I don't have any great tips or tricks for driving long distances with two young children. The cell service is super spotty.  I could sometimes make a hot spot with my phone and let the kids watch movies we didn't have downloaded. Sometimes even the satellite radio wouldn't work.  Headphones, books, snacks that don't crumble...
Our first full day in WY we went on a hike and stayed pretty close to my dad's house.  Milam had altitude sickness last year so we were really weary of that the first day or so. We kept him on a small dose of Dramamine the entire trip and he didn't have any issues.  We got him THIS one.
Our second day we went into Jackson to eat, shop, play, and eat some more.  The kids swam later in the day.  Our favorite stops on the square are Teton Toys, Lucky You Gifts, and Lee's Tees. We had lunch at Roadhouse Brewing Company.
On the 4th of July we watched a parade in Alpine and snacked at Melvin Brewing Company and then drove to Idaho for the day.  We ate at Brakeman American Grill in Victor, ID and hung out in Driggs and went to the GeoTourism Center.  We also always go to Corner Drug and Community Market.
On our last day we went to Yellowstone. We had lunch at the adorable Pioneer Grill in Grand Teton National Park and dinner at the Lake House in Yellowstone.  Both have amazing views of the park.
On our way home we made the trip in two 11 hour days.  If you're interested in looking at ALL our photos go HERE.  I set this album up for my dad.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS