New Year // New Decade

January 2, 2020

I just cannot get over the fact that we are starting a new decade.  It feels so great to know we are done having kids and in our forever home and can just focus on having fun as a family. I can't wait to watch my babies grow, to travel as a family, to finish our remodel, to see how me and Jonathan's careers grow.  I'm really excited!  Plus, Jonathan and I started dating in 2000 so were are closing in on our 20th year together! Here is a quick recap of the past 10 years.

2010
We went to Barcelona and Lisbon
2011
Georgia was born
2012
Got into our groove with parenting a fiery little girl and Jonathan became assistant principal.
2013
Moved to Conroe and celebrated our 5th anniversary! I also started Emily Powell Photography.
2014
Lost a baby this year in May. I would have been due in January. This baby, who I thought was a boy, would have been 5 this month. We also bought the ugliest house on the street in our favorite neighborhood.  We still haven't finished our reno all these years later but it looks a heck of a lot better than this!
2015
Lost another baby in May who would have been due in December. This baby would have been 4 last month. Jonathan also built us a chicken coop and we got chickens and fresh yard eggs!
2016
Our precious, miracle boy, Milam was born! Jonathan also became associate principal and Georgia started Kinder.  It was a big year (and all in August!)
2017
Loved being a family of four
2018
Really enjoyed traveling more now that Milam was a bit older.  Starting taking a lot more trips.
2019
Barrett surprised the heck out of us this year. (While writing this it occurred to me that I've been pregnant five times in the past 10 years...which sounds insane).  Our family of FIVE is officially complete.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS