Corona Life - Week 9 AND Mother's Day

May 18, 2020

Week 9 of homeschool

Week 10 at home 
(Milam has been home 11 I think because he had a small cough the week before so I kept him home even though he didn't have a fever. Ugh)

(Just some back story on our time the past couple of months)
I have really enjoyed all this time together but it has been a time of a lot of change for our families. Other than the obvious changes like Jonathan working from home and the chaos (and good) that comes from that, my mom over did it cleaning out the garage and injured her back.  I've been helping out a lot at her house because her 96 year old mother lives with her. She was cleaning the garage because my step-dad has a high stage of Alzheimer's and after a stay at the hospital for pneumonia (non covid) he went to a rehab facility and now he's at a memory care residence because it is no longer safe for him, my mom, or grandmother for him to live there.  My mom hasn't seen him in almost two months because of this covid ridiculousness and up until this week she was barely walking. Once her doctor reopened she was able to get an injection to speed up healing. So, it has been great in a lot of ways but really life changing in others. Alzheimer's is an absolutely heartbreaking disease. I hate it for my babies that they won't have the PawPaw memories they deserve because even though he doesn't know them now he loves them so much. It's entirely unfair because my step-dad is a living saint (I love my dad and he in no way replaced my dad when my parents divorced and never tired) and this disease in no way honors his spirit. I'm not writing any of this for sympathy (although my mom could always use your prayers) but I just want to fully remember what this time was truly like for our family.

In a moment of Rona, home bound, frustration I told Jonathan for Mother's Day I just wanted to talk to nobody all day. Then, on Mother's Day he made me breakfast in bed, brought me a ton of chocolate, a target gift card, $20, and a super cute itinerary. The itinerary told me to go on walks, shop at Trader Joes with my $20, spend my gift card at Target, listen to a lot of Fleetwood Mac, get dinner at Flower Child, and enjoy a night to myself at a hotel. When I realized he had booked me a hotel and planned a whole day for me to be by myself I was super taken aback and not at all excited. It seemed odd to me that I wouldn't spend Mother's Day mothering but then I was out on a run by myself about to check into the hotel and then clean up to go shopping and was like...this doesn't suck and then I remembered I TOLD HIM I DID'T WANT TO TALK TO ANYONE ALL DAY. Oops. It was actually really nice. I ate a lot of chocolate, bought beautiful peonies, shopped, watched Home Town while I ate my yummy Flower Child glow bowl...and then actually did a lot of work but I got so much done because nobody was distracting me. It was great.


On Monday I came home and it was back to reality. I didn't even really start waking up until 8:30. We did some back and forth parenting while Jonathan had meetings and we played outside a lot. Barrett crawled ONCE! Just once but it was still forward progress. He'll make some progress and then we all jump and cheer and he gets so excited that he drops and buries his face and smiles and laughs. It is so darn cute. 
Tuesday we had a lot of school work to catch up on since I was out of the house Monday morning. We played outside, Jonathan worked on building a bike with my brother, it rained, I went to the store for my mom (she has two bulging disks so that stinks), Barrett worked on crawling and devoured some corn bread.
We went on two hikes this week. Milam feels really cool when he gets to ride trails on his bike. He loves it.
On Thursday Georgia went to spend a few nights with Jonathan's parents. So things were a slightly slower pace for us. Jonathan actually had to go into work that afternoon. Then, we ate dinner and took a walk to my mom's.

Friday Milam had two zoom meetings and it rained.  That's all I remember about Friday.  Oops!

Saturday I know I ran a lot of errands and Georgia came home from her grandparents. I did a lot of birthday prep for Georgia. She turned nine on Sunday!

What have your covid schedules been looking like?!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS