2020 in Review (isn't that bad!)

January 6, 2021

According to all social media and every news outlet 2020 was a crap shoot of a year BUT according to me it wasn't all bad once you remove all the sensationalism the media likes to hype up. As a family 2020 was mostly good to us and I praise God that it was that way for us. Looking back through all of these photos made me realize what an amazing year we had with our family. I'm a stay at home mom (mostly) so I do get a lot of time with my family and kids but this was on a whole new level and I'm very thankful for the opportunity. It had it's challenges and we were ready to get back into our routine but it is a moment in time that I will look back on fondly despite the politics involved.

January

This year started off with a bang. Georgia had her first meet in Galveston and we took the whole family to the beach for the weekend. It was cold but it was fun to travel as a family of five for the first time. Milam loved the beach. SO MUCH. Jonathan and Georgia actually went back again for another meet and Georgia did amazing! She has a lot of anxiety so this has been a good stretch for her.


February

Georgia and I were able to travel for a long weekend to New Orleans for another meet. Traveling for gym was stressful but a lot of fun and a good experience for all of us.

I just love this photo. All of my favorites in one photo...and all in boots!

March

The month the entire world stopped. We left school for spring break and just never went back. Luckily we live on an acre and our entire yard just opened up to us. We had so much fun coming up with things to do. Lots of fires, ninja lines, bow and arrows, soccer, hammocks, gymnastics outside and on and on. Our huge yard made living is 2300 sq ft with a family of five far less claustrophobic. I did question a lot why we didn't buy a bigger house. Ha.

April

Things got weird this month! Tiger King...need I say more.



May

Georgia turned NINE and we hosted a "Sea Turtle // VSCO girl" party. 


We finished school early and threw all our papers out! Felt so good to be DONE but felt cheated not getting to say bye to friends and teachers. 


We went to the Target parking lot and waited for the Blue Angels to fly down 45. It was a lot of fun to see everyone out and happy!


I celebrated my first Mother's Day as a mom of three.

June

One of our favorite summer event is picking blueberries. It's hot but fun.

July

I love July because I think the Fourth of July is my new favorite holiday. I love our neighborhood bike parade. It's so cute!


Milam got really into BMX riding and is so naturally good at it! It's amazing to watch him ride.


We went to the lake. Barrett wasn't a super huge fan.


My family humored me and went on a crazy hunt for sunflowers. SO hot but SO cool! Plus, they're cute.


We took advantage of the shopping centers being closed and totally empty. Kind of weird but also fun.


We had friends over for the first time in FOREVER!

August

August was hot as usual but we made the best of it. Lots of family time and long summer nights.




September

This is the month where we realized hurricane season had gone all out bizarre. We got through the entire alphabet plus the greek alphabet and had two hurricanes in the gulf at the same time. Total insanity.

Georgia went back to in person school...thank goodness.


We filled the long evenings with park visits.


We got a new couch, spruced up the master bath, and redid the formal dining room.


Georgia occasionally started helping me during photo shoots.


Started wearing a lot of fall ware!


October

October was a full month. We went to Florida...the day after a hurricane went through LA.


Had so much fun going trick or treating!


Matched some more.


Did The Office as our first family costume.


And, most importantly celebrated Barrett turning ONE! Our baby bear had a pumpkin patch party!

November

We celebrated Thanksgiving with our family and Barrett was dedicated at church and looked like a little angel. Love him.


December

We had a great Christmas. We saw all of our family and found a lot of outdoor activities and light displays.


Bring it 2021! We're ready for you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS