9 Years of Emily & Jonathan

October 26, 2009


This is the first picture taken after we started dating. It was on my birthday which was 2 days after we started "dating". Totally terrible picture but still...

Yesterday, October 25th was Jonathan and I's 9 year anniversary. (we do not take into account the 6 months we were broken up freshman year of college...bad judgement on his part)
I don't know if I have posted the "Emily and Jonathan" story before...if I have, you don't have to read it again.

Let's make this short and sweet b/c 9 years is a LONG time!

Summer of 98 I moved to Crosby and met Jonathan at church before we started our 7th grade year. Let's just say sparks DID NOT fly. We were not really fans of each other.

The end of 8th grade was when we became friends...so that was 2000

By August of 9th grade (2000) we were pretty much BFF

October 25th, 2000 he said, "will you go out with me?" and I said, "yeah!" He walked me to class (English with Mrs. Hunter), handed me a note, hugged me and left. So romantic, I know. To add to the romantic atmosphere when he actually asked me out we were standing next to the girls bathroom...lovely!

Our first kiss was January 5th (I think). Don't laugh that it took that long!

By February I knew I loved him and wanted to marry him. I know this because we were planning a friend's b-day party and we were thinking of inviting him and I thought it would be weird to be without him and from them on I couldn't imagine myself with out Jonathan.
Does anyone find this first picture HYSTERICAL?! HA! Who knows what either of us were thinking!
We were always getting the same awards in high school...lame, I know. This was the citizenship award.
Prom!

4 years of High School go by and then we get to college (DUN DUN DUUUUUN!)

Yes, Jonathan broke up with me OVER THE PHONE (he went to HBU and I went to Baylor) while I was standing outside in a parking lot on September 24th 2004. Ugh, the nerve! We were broken up for 6 months. We spoke on the phone every Sunday, saw each other only 2 times, and wrote emails EVERYDAY. So, yes we were broken up (I dated someone else...gasp!) but we were never over each other.

March 24th 2005 Jonathan and I get back together (over the phone via text...ha!) while I was in my new BF's apartment. I know, I'm rude...who cares now.

Friday the 13th (April 2007) He asked me to marry him and of course I said yes and we were married on July 19th 2008!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS