The Allergist

March 25, 2010

Over Spring Break I went to the allergist...that was eventful and I haven't really had the energy to write all of this until now. This is probably really boring so just skip it BUT it is TOTALLY ridiculous and I DO print out my blogs so I figured this needs to go down so I'll remember it for years to come...remember how lame I am that is!

I was getting allergy testing done (56 pricks from my elbow to my wrist and 36 shots just from my shoulder to my elbow) and I got through all of the pricks just fine...didn't feel good but it didn't really hurt.

here is a picture of what the testing looks like on just one arm (they do both). This is a picture from online NOT me.

Then, we got to the shots. She would have to pull my skin and inject the allergen under my skin...it hurt. They say it doesn't but I would rather have 36 regular shots than what she was doing. So, I got to the 19th shot (mind you this is after 56 arm pricks) and wasn't feeling so well. I asked them to stop for a minute so I could get some water, I explained I'm a fainter, and laid my head down and boom...I passed out! The nurse said I told her, "I don't think I want to do this anymore" and then I was gone.

here is a picture of the injection portion of the test. Again, this is NOT me. If you don't like needles don't look at this picture.

This is SO embarrassing! Right before I started to feel bad I was reading a book and the nurse told me I was her best patient she had ever had because I wasn't flinching at all...I'm sure she doesn't think that now. They brought me back with terrible ammonia and it was so strong that by the time I woke up I was gasping for air because the ammonia was literally taking my breath away. I'm such a loser. So, I was about 3/4 of the way done with the test and NONE of it counts! Ugh! This sucks. I have to go back next week to discuss it with my doctor. Oh, and after I was better one of my students walked by...Thank God he didn't walk by when I was passed out!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS