Up To - Friday Edition

October 16, 2015

It's Friday.  And, I'm so SO glad.  I have been so busy lately.  Busy on almost every front.

I have an etsy shop (Emily Powell Designs) and business is going really well.  These are my orders from the past week and a half.  So fun and a lot of work but I really, REALLY enjoy it!  I love getting custom orders because I really get to be creative and think outside the box. (Since writing the draft for this post I've had two more orders)  You can always email me at Emily.Powell@ymail for total custom orders. (Total custom orders are $12 a pop).


I also am a photographer on the side.  (Christian.Wife.Mom.Homeschool teacher.Photographer.Graphic Designer.)  I wear many hats.  I did 4 shoots last weekend, 5 shoots this weekend, and the coming weekend (starting today) I have 4 (as of now).  I post most of my shoots here, eventually, or you can find "Emily Powell Photography" on Facebook.


Georgia is up to her normal cute things.  She's in this classical music phase and I'll be the first to admit I find it a bit funny.  It started with her love of The Nutcracker, then spilled over to Fantasia, then to these apps she has that play classical music while she colors (look up "Hug and Dug" in the app store!)  Now, she just pulls up the apps and doesn't play them and just lays her iPad on the floor while she plays with other toys.  She used it the other day in the car while she was tired.  Pulled up the app, music came on, she closed her eyes, and quickly fell asleep.  It was the funniest thing.


Random life pictures from my phone:

{Cute mug from a friend - BEARS!}

 {Hiding with her iPad - TACO TUESDAY!}

{Cat purse - BFF}

 {You get higher than daddy - Day date}

 {New toy - Cool kid at gymnastics}

I've been trying to make sure I get my big camera out so I can take pictures of my first little love.

We played outside one day and collected acorns for a craft we still haven't done yet.  Then, we went to eat sweet treats at a local bakery. (Eyes unedited - just really good lighting)



We went to the Houston Arboretum the other day for a couple of photoshoots.  Snapped some of Georgia trying to get as close as possible to the turtles.



Also, a few other notable things that happened this week.  Georgia can read two sight words all the time, "the" and "that" (along with Georgia, mom, dad, Emma, Ella, Eva, Zoe, Jesus, and God).  And a few others but not consistently.  She also sounded out her first word on the first day blending sounds.  "Sam".  So proud of my smart 4 year old.  I'm emphasizing blending right now over sight words so we'll see how it goes.

We're ending our friday with family movie night.  Hope G picks something good!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS