Pregnancy, Labor and Delivery, and Baby Ramblings

September 6, 2016

This was me at 39 weeks and 5 days.  So they day before Milam was born.  I never understood why some people got so uncomfortable while pregnant because I just never got there with Georgia. But, with Milam...I was very much in the uncomfortable zone.  Two big differences between my pregnancies.  1) Milam was due in August and Georgia was May.  That made a huge impact on my swelling and water weight in the worst way possible.  2) He was over a pound larger than her and almost an inch longer.  So he was bigger.  He was bigger (8 pounds 8 ounces) and in the worst part of the summer.  I get it now uncomfortable mommas...I'm with ya.
I've been trying to remember if there were any details of my labor and delivery that I didn't mention...

My epidural was perfect again.  Just like Georgia's.  I could move everything but only feel pressure.  It was great.

My doctor didn't make it for Milam's delivery.  She was not the on call doctor from my office but she tried to make it in time but missed it by about 20 minutes.  Bummer.  It wasn't bad though.  The doctor was very nice and super laid back (delivered in scrub pants and a Tshirt) which is what I like.  My doctor swung by afterwards.  She missed it by about 20 minutes.

They labeled my chart, "precipitous labor" meaning I have babies fast.

Here are a bunch of hospital pics...I wish I could have gotten more hospital pictures but the only time there was any natural light in the room was right before we were discharged.  Our stay was only about 24 hours so we didn't have a lot of time in the hospital.  Which I am forever thankful for.  Healthy baby.  Healthy momma.  All the praise hands.
 "Newborn rash"  My kid with a rash?  Duh...
G meeting M after her first day of Kinder.  I wanted better pictures but it just wasn't going to happen.  She was over the moon excited.  It had been a big day for her.  Her shirt says, "World's Best Sister".  She looked so cute but I didn't get a good picture.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I'm just now reading all your posts about Milam! Congrats!!! He's so cute and I love the little "pinch" in his ear!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS