Our Week

October 17, 2016

Monday and Tuesday I can't remember what we did so it must not have been too exciting.  I'm going to guess it included a lot of staying at home, making bottles, cleaning bottles, and ssshhhing a certain someone to sleep.

On Wednesday nights Georgia has power tumbling.  I took her this night and Jonathan stayed home with Milam.  He sent me this crazy picture of our 7 week old sitting by himself.  He only lasted a few seconds so I was told but it is still so funny.
Thursday was a pretty busy day.  Milam and I went to the Christmas market at church.  We went to my mom's office (she works there) and ate lunch.  Milam helped Nana answer the phones.  Then, when it was nap time he went in the ergo and napped away while I shopped.

When we got home it was time for Georgia's fun run.  Jonathan's mom came and watched Milam so I could cheer Georgia on in this lovely "fall" heat.
Milam dressed up for the market and his first babysitter, Meme.
After the fun run it was time for gymnastics.   Milam fell asleep on the way home (after screaming his head off) but pooped right before he cried it out.  Sooooo, when we got home I had to change him, thus waking him up, and had to put him in the ergo to get him to take a nap.  I'm glad he sleeps well in it for the most part.  It was a life saver this busy week.  We walked about an hour this night.
Friday was Storybook Parade.  Georgia was the "Princess in Black".  Get these books for your daughters.  Georgia loves them!
Milam actually fell asleep before the parade started so I laid him down in the stroller thinking he would give me enough time to snap a picture of Georgia.  He stayed asleep so I turned the sound machine on that is on my phone and walked the neighborhood G's school is in for AN HOUR just to let him get his full nap in.  Keeping him asleep on the go has been the theme of my week this week.  Praise 1) sound machines on your phone 2) ergo 3) pram strollers for tummy sleepers.
Friday was also early release so after I walked the neighborhood for an hour I wasn't home for very long before I had to turn around and pick up Georgia from school.  Milam of course screamed the whole time in the car and fell asleep about 5 minutes before we got home.  When we got home I put him in bed and he slept for 2 or 3 hours.  It was amazing.  Rarely does the car seat to crib transfer actually work.  Life as a second child means he has to be good on the go BUT life when your sibling is five years plus older than you also means you pretty much have the life of an only child from 7:30-3:30.
Saturday I had three photo shoots.  They're turning out great.  I've mentioned before that Milam will pretty much only take 4 naps a day and doesn't really like to take his last nap.  So, if his 3-4 naps don't get him to an appropriate bed time then in the ergo he goes.  I think he's actually just trying to get me in better shape.  Tired of the flabby momma.  His head is so cute poking out.
 This time it was trying to get him to nap before dinner...it didn't actually work though.  He could sense my desperation.
I think this is the first time we have taken him out to dinner.  His self induced bedtime is so early that we usually don't make it out to places at night and we are still living the freezer meal life.  We took him to Vernon's.  A local Conroe staple.
Pregnancy and Infant Loss Rememberence Day was this weekend as well. Our first (who I imagined as a boy) would be 2 in January and our second (picture below - who I imagined as a girl) would be 1 in December. I think about them every day.

Sunday was the usual. Church for Jonathan and Georgia.  Choir practice for Georgia and church meetings for Jonathan.


I'm hosting a facebook only book party  Leave a comment if you want to join in!
Milam sleeping.  Because, why not?
 That mouth kills me
I died when I saw this picture.  Awkward fat kid smile cracks me up. 
AND, someone is getting BIG!
This post feels a little scattered.  As is my life ;)

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails