All The Christmas Things

December 31, 2017

Jonathan had a work Christmas party on Thursday so after Milam napped I drove to Jonathan's parent's house in Crosby and dropped them off to spend the night.  Jonathan picked them up at dinner the next night.  So we went to the party, had a lot of fun, took zero pictures, and had a lot of adult conversations.  It was really nice.  The next morning I woke up to a very quiet house.  It was so bizarre and so nice.  This was the first time Milam had spent the night away from me and Jonathan and he did perfectly so we heard.  We needed a practice run (we need a few actually) because we booked Disney for the end of June but he isn't going.  Sad day, but we want to enjoy our time and little boy just couldn't hang. (We booked Marfa for this Spring Break FINALLY and Jackson Hole in July and he's going for both of those so don't feel too bad for him!)  Meme sent me a pic of bitty boy on the piano.  He LOVES music and reacts to it every time.
Anyway, on Friday I got SO MUCH DONE!  The main thing on my list was to buy new jeans.  My favorite pairs had held up terribly from multiple washing and drying and I was having a hard time finding skinnies that were skinny all the way to my ankles.  I have SUPER tiny ankles but a mom stomach so I have to find something that fits both.  All of that to say, I found three pairs at The Gap.  Yeah, I went to the mall on the Friday before Christmas but it wasn't bad.  I went in one store, bought the first three pairs that I picked up, and was right back out the door.  Plus Gap was having a 50% off sale so it was win win.  I'm hard on jeans since I'm always doing photo shoots so hopefully these will hold up!  I had a mile long list and the only thing I didn't get to was clean the bath rooms (this post is just that interesting!).  But, yay me! I even grabbed Chick fil a for lunch because I could eat all my own fries and not have back wash in my drink.  Double yay!

The babies hadn't seen Jonathan since Wednesday so they were over the moon to be reunited on Friday.  Jonathan picked them up after work and we all enjoyed Whataburger (G's pick) for dinner.  Super healthy over here.  But, here's a picture of him eating an apple...so we sometimes get it right.
We hung out most of Saturday playing outside, cleaning for Christmas Eve at our house, running a few errands, and napping.
Last year we started going to Pappastio's for Christmas Eve Eve dinner.  It is one of those traditions that gives me the warm fuzzies and I don't even know why.  It isn't that big of a deal.  Milam was attached to his toothbrush this day.  Pick your battles.
Afterwards we grabbed dessert at Whole Foods...
then, we headed to go see the biggest light display in town.  It is just at a normal house and we love going.  Fire machine, bubbles, snow...on top of all the lights and music.
 Milam loves Christmas so much and it is the cutest thing ever.  I love it.
Now, onto Christmas Eve!
We went to an early Christmas candle light service and it worked out really nicely.
We ate with our family at our house this year and it was nice and convenient considering we have a kid who naps.  We kept it super casual and escaped the entire holiday season without eating traditional food.
Matching Christmas jammies is always fun!
 Georgia insisted on putting Santa's cookies and milk in the bathroom when we first moved into this house when she was 3 (I think) because we don't have a fire place.  At the time she had a step stool to brush her teeth and she thought that would be easier for Santa to use when he came in through the window even though we had a Santa key.  It is totally absurd but it's what she does so we go along with it.
She was so ready for bed that she set all this up herself without help and said she was going to bed.  Haha.  She even gave him a napkin to see if he would use it and leave it in the trash.  She was shocked to see in the morning that he had eaten all the cookies (expect one that he just took one bite of) because she said she knew that he had been eating cookies all night.  Kids are so funny.
 Georgia picked out my new Christmas pajamas.  Ahh...thanks, G. 
 Santa and his helper worked hard that night

Christmas day
I don't take a lot of pictures on Christmas day and usually opt for video instead.

The day after Christmas we went to Houston because I had a photo shoot.  We made a morning of it and enjoyed our (cold!) time together.
Lunch at Artesian and then playing at Discovery Green.
 The following days we explored Christmas gifts...
 And went to eat lunch at the mall and play at the play place because we were all too cold to play outside.
 I never buy new things for myself.  I just rarely think too and now that I'm older I don't really enjoy shopping.  I bought three pairs of jeans for myself because I had gotten that desperate (that I went to the mall the Friday before Christmas) and bought a ton of flowy tops. Jonathan got me these new Keds for Christmas that I had been wanting for awhile.  This is my new mom uniform...until it gets too hot and let's be honest.  It's Texas so it doesn't stay cold for long and if I'm being totally honest it is 1:30 (currently) and I'm still in my pajamas.
For us Texans it is kind of cold so we have been going stir crazy being inside more than usual.
 He pushes her to her breaking point but she never gets mad at him.  How can you when this little sour patch kid hugs you like this?  That is love.
 We had another Christmas at Jonathan's parent's house.  Milam was ticked that I even considered pictures without his radio flyer...this kid
The way home from Meme's was tough.  She had a cousin sleepover and was obviously exhausted.  I would call that a success.
And that's a wrap on Christmas!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS