Fall Break Part One

October 14, 2019

Friday
On Fridays Milam has speech at Georgia's school but on this Friday, Georgia also had her Storybook Parade and a cold front was coming through bringing a lot of rain so I tried my hardest to rush the kids out the door so we could get to school early to snag a good parking spot.  We were successful on all fronts and got a good spot and were able to get into the building before another downpour. While her school was still doing arrival we were put under a tornado watch.  Right at 8 Milam went back for speech and then we got put under a tornado warning.  All the kids had to get under their desks and all the parents had to go to an interior room.  Milam stayed put with his speech teacher.  Eventually it was lifted and the Storybook Parade got started later than it was supposed to. We stayed to watch Georgia but by the time we got back to the office it was almost 10 and she had early dismissal at noon so I just checked her out so we could have a normal lunch and nap time.  I stopped on the way home with the kids and got them some donuts and they came home and instantly put on their skeleton PJs and I turned on, "The Nightmare Before Christmas" per Georgia's request.
Once it stopped raining it got chilly outside and the kids wanted hot tea.  Georgia made them some and I fixed them a little shared buffet.  They ate almost everything.  I was impressed. They ate so much because they ended up playing, "Restaurant" while they watched, "Magic School Bus". Georgia was the waitress and Milam ordered and reordered and paid with invisible money.
We were all super excited because Jonathan DID NOT have to work a football game this night and was able to come home and kick off his fall break since he didn't have work the entire next week.
Saturday
We didn't do a whole lot other than hang out and check a few Barrett things off of our to do lists.  The kids played outside a lot and ended up going to my mom's while Jonathan went with me to work some mini sessions.  Taking pictures isn't super hard but standing up after getting close ups of kids can be.  Haha.  So, he was my assistant.  So glad he joined me.  Made my work a little easier.  Georgia fell asleep in bed with us that night.
Sunday
The kids and Jonathan went to church.  I stayed home because my and those pews just aren't working right now.
 
 
They've been really into playing "dentist" and "restaurant" lately and it is so so funny.
It's Monday now and Georgia has off today and Jonathan has off this entire week! I'm just giddy that he'll be here all week to help out! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS