Weekend Top 10

January 25, 2021

1. Family is EVERYTHING. My oldest brother and I are 9 years apart. We live in the same town and it means so much to me that our kids get to grow up with each other. Milam just adores my nephew Cooper and you've never met a sweeter soul than him. Look at them snuggling on the couch. So dang sweet. And my middle brother (we're only 18 months apart) came over for breakfast. He also lives close to us. He called me just to see if the kids wanted donuts and hung with us the rest of the morning.  Such blessings to my kids.

2. Georgia told us we HAD to listen to her new favorite song. I was fully thinking I would hate it but y'all, it is totally THE jam! Go listen to the (non-clean) version of Drivers License HERE. I don't know if you've ever been broken up with but I have. Once. When I was 18 and dang if that song does not totally nail exactly how I felt when (my now husband - love you, J) Jonathan broke up with me. (He didn't cheat on my btw like the song) Seriously. Nailed it. Plus, it's really catchy. Oh, and there is a clean version too - that's the one G knows but this was the first link I came across. 

3. I heard this in a Candace Owens podcast (her guest quoted it but I couldn't find the original) and it really resonated with me. The truth is always the best. I always tell Georgia you will get in more trouble if you get caught in a lie than if you just tell the truth.

4. I love this boy so much. Four year old Milam is a true gem of a little boy. He never gets in trouble at school or Sunday school but does have some moments of "middle childness" but they are getting less and less. He's so silly and we're just obsessed with him.

5. Since our beach trip back in October, Barrett has picked Jonathan as "his person". Sunday morning he was being so cute and snuggly but Georgia kept saying, "Barrett, can you give me some love?" and he would shake his head no and push her face away. We could not stop laughing. Milam always needs a lot of physical touch to feel loved and connected.

6. I suggested the other night that we should start reading books to Barrett at night to see if he would now sit still for it...and he did! He LOVES reading before bed and when he wakes up. It is so super cute. His favorite is,"That's Not My Hedgehog". It's an Usborne book and his go to when he's looking through all his books.

7. Barrett and Penny are still the best of friends. And, he's obsessed with her cage and the recycle bin.

8. A peaceful moment to drink my tea that wasn't interrupted by screaming or diapers.

9. You can see that it didn't last long. Big brother turned into a chair but they're still cute so I keep them.

10. Today (Sunday) the weather was so yucky but these three looked cute and were nice for the most part. We went to church, the boys went mountain bike riding, we worked in the yard, and had dinner with my family.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS